Friday, October 15, 2010

Hydrangeas


Our house in Virginia was built in the 1950's and I believe this beautiful old Hydrangea bush was planted then. It is wonderful to watch the blooms turn from pink to a lovely greenish blue, which is my favorite. I love the texture and fullness of this flower, so much fun to arrange and paint.



Title: Hydrangeas
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
available for purchase...contact me to pay by check or paypal
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."---Ralph Waldo Emerson
This is one of my favorite still life paintings in awhile.....it's spontaneous but alive with movement and texture! I hope you enjoy it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...