Saturday, September 4, 2010

Energy Abstract


Title: Energy
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
Great quote of the day: "The happiest people don't have everything, they just make the best of everything they have".

PAINTING:
This painting is at once turbulent seas, evocative of nature rendered with sweeping washes that make the most of the white canvas. I was going from the gut, referring only to my perceptions of nature...things that are rough, smooth, fragmented etc...laying the paint down continually onto the canvas in swirls, and drags. This is one of the few abstracts that I continue to enjoy the longer I look at it! The deep texture is totally touchable!

The Red Dress
oil on stretched canvas
12 x 16
Super thick palette oil......I guess I'm missing the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...