Monday, September 20, 2010

Downhill Racer


Title: Downhill Racer
Size: 12 x 16
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
sold
"I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious." -- Andrew Wyeth
This painting has lots of thick palette knife paint and great movement and texture......ready for some cooler weather to head this way I guess.

We had another very hot day in Vegas and I had to paint some snow. My husband and I grew up near Tahoe skiing frequently. I used to love it when I was young and loved to go fast. My husband was actually on the Junior Olympic Ski team when I met him. I used to watch him ski in awe. Watching a great skier is something like watching a great ballerina. It looks effortless, graceful, and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...