Sunday, April 18, 2010

Birch Tree Path in Radiant Light

This is the invitation to my next show....La Femme. I won third place in this juried show and we put the show up tonight. It looks great. If you live in the area stop by it should be fun. Cassatt's always makes some great food too.
Me and a great friend and artist at the gallery reception last night. Lot of fun and a lot of people showed and purchased art.


A new landscape for eBay auction:


Title: Birch Tree Path in Radiant Light
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
ABOUT THE PAINTING:
It's hard not to paint a landscape this time of year. The weather is phenomenal here! I did some serious Spring cleaning this weekend and with the windows open I could feel the breeze and see the leaves rustling from every window. I walk my dog several times a day on the beautiful tree lined paths and park near our house. I have to take some photos because the azaleas are blooming right now and everything is full color. This piece I completed after one of those walks, drawing from my memory and painting with brush and knife in reds and greens and bits of golden rich oils.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...