Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Provence Sunflower Panorama

SOLD
Title: Provence Sunflower Panorama
Size: 12 x 24
Medium: Oil on stretched canvas
Going on eBay auction tonight for a great low price!
ABOUT THE PAINTING:
This is my new favorite canvas size. I really like an elongated landscape and this one used brush and palette knife, and is very painterly and expressive. I captured the feel of the warm sun and light in the distance with the warm sunflowers in the forground and the colors get cooler and cooler as you move into the distance from greens to lavenders and blues. It looks fantastic in one of my black or gold plein air frames or even an ornate gold. It too has a 3-D effect because of the thick, chunky paint I love to apply like rich butter.
I'm getting ready to go to France and the Cottwalds (England) where I hope to see some beautiful gardens! I'm also ready for warm weather so I think I was just in the mood for a Sunflower landscape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...