Monday, March 1, 2010

Poppies in the Wind

A 24x30 commission that I recently finished
I was pleased to have another happy collector!


SOLD
Title: Poppies in the Wind
Size: 24 x 30
Medium: oil on stretched canvas

THIS PAINTING:
Photo does not at all do justice to this one, it is so much more in person. I shipped one of my favorite poppy paintings, "Poppy Dance" off to the Galerie Severn today so of course I needed a replacement! It is larger and I used a bit more cadmium red and less bright red. Like my other poppy paintings, it has lots of texture and many layers of broken color. I used some teal colors toward the back which helps set off the reds. Rich, red poppies make a great focal point piece of art in a room, and this one is large enough to really impress! Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...