Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Red Shoes

Title: My Red Shoes
Size: 9 x 12
Medium: oil on canvas

ABOUT THE PAINTING:
Every girl has a favorite pair of shoes and there's just something about sexy red heels. I'm not always a fan of wearing high shoes like these (pain) but there is something sculpural and beautiful about them. I used a brush and a palette knife so there's lots of lovely texture and broken color, cool on warm and deep cad reds make is a stand out piece. This one my seventeen year old wants and does not wish to part with; it is about to hang in her room in a modern black frame. I don't think I'll list it on eBay yet. You're welcome to contact me for purchase information.

We had a fantastic Spring day today and I hope you all are enjoying nice weather as well! tomorrow I pack for Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...