Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Couple of Wise Guys


Title: A Couple of Wise Guys
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: oil on stretched canvas
Available on eBay auction tonight at a crazy low price and no reserve!
THE PAINTING:
I was in a rooster painting mood today. Some days I get up and look at my list of painting ideas from the night before and completely scratch it and paint something else! This was one of those days. I got a nice email from someone who wants a very large rooster painting and so the birds were on my brain. I love these roosters and painted them extra thick....especially the cadmium red. I used lots of palette knife and a bit of brush so there is lovely broken color everywhere....whimsical and textural and bright! Hope they make you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...