Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rainy Melody

Title: Rainy Melody
Size: 12 x 16
Medium: Oil on stretched canvas

SOLD

ABOUT THIS PAINTING:

This painting was done awhile ago and I love to paint, impasto, like this. Here the paint is piled on like icing with a palette knife, and with decisive strokes, the paint is pulled and carved
into shapes. Why apply paint as if frosting a cake? I really enjoy the tactile, sculptural quality of thick oil color. Some of my favorite master artists used impasto techniques as well, like, van Gogh, Edgar Payne. Sometimes I build my paint layer upon layer, letting layers dry imbetween, but in this piece, the exciting, bold texture is done wet-into-wet, as is suiting to this rainy painting! I will be painting some larger rain paintings like this in the coming weeks. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...