Sunday, December 20, 2009

Times Square, New York Rain

This one already SOLD....before it was all the dry!

Title: Times Square, New York Rain
Size: 24 x 30
Medium: Oil on stretched canvas

Last night and all day yesterday we had a huge blizzard and I was watching the snow fall while painting a series of NY paintings and I had a wonderful time. I had classical Christmas music playing, my daughters baking cookies and memories of my last NY trip in my head. I love NY and love to paint scenes from this city. This is the largest of them all and it is specifically....Times Square. I used a lot of oil with my favorite palette knife and so it has a lot of wonderful texture and broken color. I don't paint this large very often, but once in a while it is a joy, especially when it is NY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...