Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pods and Poppies

Title: Pods and Poppies
Size: 11 x 14
Medium: Oil paint, acid free decorative papers, gold leaf on gallery wrapped canvas

contact me for purchase information or a similiar larger piece.

PAINTING AND INSPIRATION:
I'm in love with this poppy painting and almost don't want to sell it. I gave my daughter some beautiful decorative papers for her journal, she is very creative and makes some amazing things. They have great textures and designs so I borrowed a few tiny pieces and varnished them to look like the pods are exploding with texture and color. Painted with rich oils using brush and palette knife and varnished in with fine mediums, this painting will last forever and is quite unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...