Friday, November 20, 2009

New York Evening Rain

Title: New York Evening Rain
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

This painting is sold but you may email me for a commission.

PAINTING AND INSPIRATION:
I began this composition slowly from some old photos of my last trip. I love NY and miss it already. I love the people, and the glow this place takes on at night. I used lots of expressive brush work with lovely mixes of color in the background so that the yellow taxis would really stand out and the girl in the red dress would become a focal point. I painted myself with my little dog Maggie..do you see? I have had some requests for more NY paintings and I promise after the holidays to work on some more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...