Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Honfleur Boats, France


Title: Honfleur Boats, France
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
SOLD
PAINTING:
I painted some deep colors, blue and reds as an underpainting. When dry I layered many layers color for depth and lots of broken color, using mostly knife. I love the play of these blues and golds. It seems to help create a sunny painting.
INSPIRATION:
We decided to go back to Europe this Spring, only this time back to France and England. It's been a few years since I've been and its time for some new photos. This painting was created from an old photo from my last trip. I've painted it several times before and I always half regret it when it sells, I love water scenes. Harbors are lovely to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...