Sunday, October 4, 2009

New York Lights

Title: New York Lights
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

See eBay auction tonight for purchase

PAINTING:
This original oil is almost dry. I love to paint a thick black underpainting and then attack the canvas with pulls of bright oil. I sculpt the shapes with paint and add details at the end. At one point I turned the painting upside down to make sure it was balanced. This reflective cityscaped was lots of fun to paint with high quality Winsor Newton Artist Oils, and will look great in wide black frame.

INSPIRATION:
New York is always exciting to paint. There is so much to see it can be overwhelming, but I try to focus on one or two individuals and taxis. New York is only a six hour drive from my house so we love to visit as often as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...