Monday, October 12, 2009

Lake Tahoe

Title: Lake Tahoe, California
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

See tonight's eBay listing for purchase.

Checkout the new link on the right side of my blog...I was featured in the Emerging Artist section of Art Business News Magazine!

PAINTING:
This oil has many layers of thick color applied with palette knife and took a very long time to finally complete. I have a lot of beautiful broken colors in this piece and even the pines have many layers of multiple colors in bark and backlit sky.
INSPIRATION:
I grew up in Tahoe and have to say I took its beauty for granted as kids will do, but remember it vividly. When I visit it brings tears to my eyes, it really is that awsome. This lake is very deep, and very clear blue and icy cold! We would swim until we were blue and then roll in the warm sand all summer long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...