Thursday, October 8, 2009

Italy Flowers and Laundry

Lots of walking in Italy...my feet were bruised from miles of cobblestone, but I took 1,000 photos of details and architecture. There were some adorable cats so I put one in this painting if you look real close. And of course the charming laudry hanging in the breeze!

Title: Italy Flowers and Laundry
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
See eBay auction tonight for purchase
PAINTING:
I painted basically a black and white painting as my underpainting using burnt umbers, sap greens and aliz. crimson as the black. This acts as my sketch and tones the canvas for depth. Then I come back with thicker paint and add color and bits of highlight colors. I love using the palette knife for old stucco and brick it's so much fun. And of course all the details are last....flowers, shutters, laundry and the cat! This painting took quite awhile to paint and I enjoyed every minute!
INSPIRATION:
My recent trip to Italy!
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...