Saturday, October 17, 2009

Big Red Poppies

Title: Big Red Poppies
Size: 24 x 30
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

See eBay auction for purchase tonight!

PAINTING:
These really are huge and make quite a statement! If you need a punch of reds in a room, this painting will do it. After painting an abstract underpainting, as I sculpted the paint these huge poppies began to emerge. I layered dark to light with a large knife, one mixed color at time, pushing the reds and then surrounded the petals with soft gold and green foliage.
INSPIRATION:
I really just can't resist painting this flower every once in awhile! It's just so much fun and looks great in my living room, especially around the holidays, in a wide black frame! I have several holiday shows coming in December and am gearing up! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...