Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sunflowers


Title: Sunflowers
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
See eBay auction tonight for purchase
PAINTING:
I used an abstract underpainting for added texture and tone and then rich, buttery oils and palette knife. I blended some soft green and gold background colors on my palette first. These make a nice setting for the blue vase and brighter yellow petals, which are delicately dragged onto the background.
INSPIRATION:
I have had some requests from a few local shops and one of the restaurants I hang art in here for more sunflowers. This one was my favorite of several that I painted so I thought I would offer it to my eBay people! I like to go to the Farmer's Market and buy a fewSunflowers on Saturdays. They do always make me smile. I hope they bring a bit of joy to someone's home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...