Monday, September 21, 2009

New Orleans Jazz

Title: A Little New Orleans Jazz
Size: 12" x 16"
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

See tonight's eBay auction for purchase

PAINTING:
This original oil has a black, red and yellow underpainting. I then lay multiple layers of rich, thick oils pulled and scraped on the canvas. The Winsor Newton Artist Oils are the very best and so it is always so much fun to apply with palette knife...cadmium reds and winsor yellows to the canvas.

INSPIRATION:
My youngest daughter loves Jazz music so we hear it all the time...after all she is 14! She plays clarinet and violin very well. I associate New Orleans with this old wonderful sound, and it seems everytime I paint a New Orleans scene, I can't resist a few musicians!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...