Friday, September 18, 2009

Little Rooster

Title: Little Rooster
Size: 9" x 12"
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

See eBay auction for purchase or contact me for comission

PAINTING:
I have a black and red underpainting on this little gem. The ochers and umbers laid in oil with knife make a nice backdrop to the white and red rooster. He is highlighted with pops of red and blue and bright green grasses. I spent some time on his detailed little face!

INSPIRATION:
I have several art shows this month and there is quite a demant for roosters around here. I like to paint several at a time, so here is my favorite for eBay. They are spectacular to paint because of the showy colors and I love to paint a rooster rich and thick and put it in a wide black frame for a show....it's an eye catcher. Maybe that's why he gets all the chicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...