Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lake Como by Boat

Here is a snapshot I took just after we got off the boat in Varena. It's so pretty, I miss it already!

Title: Lake Como by Boat

Size: 20 x 24"

Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas


Check out my eBay auction tonight for purchase!


PAINTING:

This painting took many weeks to complete and I am very pleased with its finish. It has both fine brush work and textural palette knife work and so it is layered with translucent oil color and rich with texture and detail, light, shadow and depth.

INSPIRATION:

We returned from Italy and a 4 day stay on Lake Como. From the town of Bellagio, we boated to all the other towns on the lake and the sites from the Lake are spectacular. Everywhere I looked I saw something I wanted to paint.
This waterscape looks great in a black or silver plein air frame, but can hang without one as well.
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...