Monday, August 24, 2009

Windswept Wild Horses


Title: Windswept Wild Horses
Size: 24 x 30
Medium: Oil on canvas

PAINTING:
This painting was lots of fun and I used tons of thick paint, but I painted it two weeks ago when I was still in the U.S. just to make sure it would be totally dry when I returned. In fact it was almost dry when I left. I brushed on some abstract acrylics and the horses began to emerge from the bright colors before me. Acrylics dry fast so I could then begin my palette knife oil painting with layer upon layer of glowing textured paint.

INSPIRATION:
Horses have always been a passion and inspiration for me. They are beautiful, soulful animals and I love to carve the muscle out with thick oil paint.

Contact me for purchase or check out my eBay auction.



Here we are, my husband Mike and I are standing in the Villa Carlotta, which I could see directly across from my apartment in Bellagio. It is beautiful and has spectacular gardens that seem to go for miles. The azaleas aren't blooming yet, but the roses and all the other varieties are in bloom...just lovely. The trip on the boat across the lake to the villa is part of the beauty. The best of Italy is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...