Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Santa Barbara Coast

Title: Santa Barbara Coast
Size: 24 x 36
Medium: Oil on canvas

Contact me for purchase information

PAINTING:

This painting I really love and actually have hanging in my living room. It has soothing colors and is lighter in texture and was painted in the classical style with brush. Palette knife was only used lightly to apply heavier paint to the cliff with highlight colors . This is the style painting that I sometimes really enjoy and this one took months to finish. Careful planning and layers of thinner paint build and the layers of color luminate through with broken color techniques and light brush work.

INSPIRATION:

Santa Barbara is one of my favorite places to visit and paint. The weather is perfect for plein air painting and so I painted many smaller ocean scenes from this area to later enlarge in the studio. If you look closely you will see a little man in the left corner with a surfboard...teeny tiny detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...