Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Idaho Fly Fishing

Title: Idaho Fly Fishing
Size: 20 x 24
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

Contact me for purchase information or check out the eBay auction tonight.

PAINTING:

I used many layers of paint on this one. I began with darks and lights painted thinly with a brush. When dry I came back sculpting in shape and form with a palette knife, laying layer upon layer of color, pulling and dragging. Whites and highlights lay on top and because the paint ends up being so thick, sometimes in the summer humidity it takes a while to dry.

INSPIRATION:

My husband has been a pilot in the airforce for over 18 years now. We love the military lifestyle, partly because we get to move every few years, sometimes every year. We were fortunate enough to be stationed in Idaho for four long years and it was beautiful. We always went camping, skiing, or fishing in the mountains and there is some of the best fly fishing in the country there. I took many photos and pull them out from time to time, depending on my mood. I love painting water and this one turned out bright and sunny as intended. This painting would look lovely in a silver plein air frame but can also hang without one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...