Friday, July 24, 2009

Where the Sea Meets the Sky



THE PAINTING:
This original oil painting is painted lean to fat with cool blues and frosty white highlights, using a brush and palette knife. Some would say this is a "spiritual" painting because it shows mostly sky and I like to think so too. I hope this painting brings a sense of joy and peace to the viewer; it certainly was a joy to paint. This painting may be scheduled for auction.

Contact artist for purchase information.



THE INSPIRATION:
Last week my husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding aniversary in the Dominican Republic. It was a much needed vacation and very relaxing. Here is a photo I took of my husband staring out at the open sea and sky, which we did for hours each day and evening. I love the smell and sound of the ocean and the feel of the salty sea breeze in my hair. These memories will inspire me to paint more sea scenes I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...