Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Park Stroll with the Dog


Title: A Park Stroll with the Dog
Size: 16 x 20
Medium: Oil on canvas

Contact me for purchase information.

THE PAINTING:
This original oil is painted richly textured in so many layers of oil I lost count. It's a brand new one, and was painted with Winsor Newton Artists oils and palette knife. I think as an artist I would frame this painting in either silver or a wide black frame, but it will hang without a frame as well. The composition developed slowly with background colors of cool colors, blues and greens. Then came horizontal layers applied with a knife in oils of warm colors to create a reflective path. From this layer came multiple highlight layers of color with a palette knife. The photo does not do it justice.

THE INSPIRATION:
We love our little Maggie dog and my husband and I walk the beautiful parks here in Virginia with her almost every night. I feel like we don't all always spend enough time together appreciating eachother so a little walk with the dog is always a good way to do that, especially on a beautiful early evening my moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...