Sunday, July 26, 2009

Little Rooster


Title: The Little Rooster
Size: 9 x 12
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

Contact me for purchase information

THE PAINTING:

This original oil will go on auction tonight. This painting is a thickly textured, vibrant oil painting, in rich greens, blues and reds. I worked the animals shape first using a knife and leanly applied dark colors, then applied thicker red and cobalt blue and white highlight colors. I spent some extra time on his little face for interesting detail.
Finally, I worked the tail feathers with a palette knife in shades of blue.
This little gem will look great in a cozy kitchen.

THE INSPIRATION:

I was recently asked by a local restaurant that I hang in, to paint more barnyard animals. They are a joy to paint and I have many photos of roosters from farms that I visited over the years. I think roosters are my favorite animal and certainly my favorite bird to paint because of all the color and personality of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...