Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Calm Venice Canal


Title: Calm Venice Canal
Size: 12 x 16
Medium: Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
Contact me for needed purchase information. This painting goes on auction tonight.
PAINTING:
Peaceful calm. That is the feeling of this painting. Layers of lovely thick rich buttery oil paints. I love the way the Winsor Artists oils move across the canvas. Painted in soft calming hues and tones, this painting captures the shadows and nooks of the old canal.
INSPIRATION:
In two weeks we are going to Italy and I will be in Venice for 3 days of the trip! I have these canals on my mind every day at this point because I'm so excited! No doubt I will take a zillion new photos to paint. We are also staying on a vineyard in Verona...so more vineyard painting are to be expected, and of course I have to go to Lake Como to get some new painting ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...